Saturday, September 1, 2007

My quick trip to the States...

On August 14, I took a quick trip to Colorado to see my grandmother. She is battling ovarian cancer and I really wanted to see her and let her meet her great-grandson. So Justin and I packed up and headed west. We stayed with my sister, Michelle, which was great. We had the chance to spend time together just relaxing and letting the boys, Justin and Jake, to get to know each other. One evening we had a birthday party for my step-dad, Marcel. It was a nice surprise to see some of my relatives that I haven't seen in a while. I also got to see my newest nephew, Elijah. He is adorable and has tons of black, spiky hair!

On the weekend we headed up to the mountains to see my grandma. She lives in Glenwood Springs, which is a beautiful town. We spent two days visiting her and catching up. She is doing remarkably well and is still as feisty as ever. And still beautiful! We looked through scrapbooks and reminisced. She was so excited to be able to see three of her great-grandchildren. I am so thankful for this chance to spend time with her!



On my way home, I stopped for a quick layover in Phoenix. I only had a day and a half, but it was great. I was blessed to have some precious time with my family and even some close friends. I was a bit nervous about the trip home, seeing that I had a 9 hour layover in JFK and 15 hours in the air. That is tough with a squirmy 6-month old. But the Lord was with me every step and the travels went very smooth. Micah did great back on the homefront with the other 3 kiddos. He said once he got into the swing of things, it wasn't too hard. The girls in the church graciously fixed dinners for him and the kids.



I am so glad that I could take this trip and I hope I can visit again very soon!!! Check out more pictures from my trip in our photo link...

No comments: